The FOUNDATION of re-motivating yourself is a willingness to make SMALL changes or take SMALL steps forward and then to form these small steps into a checklist which you can then act on, so with that in mind here is a checklist of things you should start doing right now to boost up your motivation:
1. Keep focussed on just the next 7 days and don’t look beyond that!
2. Set small weekly goals e.g. just to lose 1 lb so that you keep moving forward.
3. Stop and think and find out the DEEP down reasons you want to lose weight. Seek out the top 3 benefits weight loss will bring you. The weight loss itself is only part of the picture……….what are the most meaningful benefits this weight loss will bring to your life – Work benefits? Health benefits? Social benefits? Confidence benefits? Think this one through carefully.
4. Put some motivational pictures up in your house or work place
5. Prepare some motivational music….there must be some track that you love exercising to…think about this…this is a great motivator
6. Payback…..remember when you are bad with exercise or food…..then make a note of it and pay it back a.s.a.p. – 1 extra mile walking/jogging per 100 calories excess – this is an amazing way to keep things balanced and to keep moving forward even when motivation is low!
7. Focus carefully on what you have achieved already…….are you less tired?…….do you look less bloated?……are the clothes looser?
8. Think what’s the alternative…..if you do give up…..do you really want to go back to that tired, bloated, depressed feeling?
9. Start to give away some of your large size clothes….keeping on to these is an escape hatch…..it means you are not committed!
10. And come up with a power phrase….a short 3 to 7 word phrase that ‘fires you up’ ……..examples…..’It’s Now Or Never’, ‘It’s Not As Hard As I think’ or ‘Just One Step Forward’…….or create your own power phrase and put it on the screensaver of your mobile or laptop or even print it out and post it on your fridge door…..constantly seeing it is amazing for motivation and keep you positive!!
As always I hope you get something useful from this article and please share it with others. Someone making one simple change can lead to big improvements. If you have any questions on the above conditions or another condition please email me at email@example.com and I will reply.
David McDonagh (Nutritionist, fitness trainer & creator of System 10 Weight Loss)
My system is about real weight loss done the right way! My plan takes into account all the above reasons and more and makes sure weight loss will work for you. Don’t miss my NEW online plan starting soon where you can lose 10+ lbs in 4 weeks or 20+ Ibs in 8 weeks and get an amazing change in shape because it is real weight loss. Click here for more details on these options. Alternatively arrange a one to one consultation in your nearest clinic by clicking here.
You can find more articles here on health, fitness and weight loss.