The Secret To Shifting……
Stubborn Stomach Fat! Thunder Thighs! Upper Arm Fat! The Last 10 lbs!
With summer holidays just around the corner come the thoughts of losing weight and toning up and being able to wear that bikini with confidence! Would you like to get rid of that stubborn stomach fat, especially the lower bit just below the belly button? Or maybe your thighs are the vain of your life? Perhaps it is the back of your upper arms (bingo wings) that never seem to shape up? Or are you one of those who have been forever trying to shift the last 10 lbs?
These are without doubt the areas that many people are desperate to change. However they prove to be the most frustrating to get results in. Indeed many people have given up hope of ever improving and have resigned themselves to covering up and camouflaging as best they can. Well great news!! You can great results in these areas better than you ever imagined. There is a way to turn back the clock and get a shape and firmness that will allow you to put on that bikini and look amazing!
Do you want to know the secret to success? Do you know why we never get results in these areas? It is very simple – when we lose weight, we never lose real weight! Confused? Well losing weight is meant to be about burning fat. The problem with these trouble spots is too much fat and that fat needs to be burned off if they are to change. The reality is that most people burn very little fat when they lose weight so these areas never change. Losing real fat will dramatically change your lower stomach, reduce those bulky thighs, slim those arms and get rid of the last 10 lbs!
Unfortunately most of us when we lose weight lose just water and carbohydrate stores (the trick of low carb diets!) and worst of all we lose muscle tone which makes it even harder to burn fat and leaves us with saggy weight loss! So what I would like to do is give you my critical guidelines for making sure that when you lose weight you lose real fat. This is the essence of getting real results for all these areas. I promise you if you start to lose real fat you will see dramatic results and get in your best shape ever!
Making Sure You Burn Real Fat!
Please read the detail in these points very carefully. Remember the glory is in the detail!
- First get your body fat measured accurately by a fitness trainer (ideally with a skinfold calipers) to make sure that any weight you are losing is real fat. If you want visible results then a changing fat level is far more important to track than changing weight on the scales!
- Never ever eat less than 1200 calories when trying to lose weight. Below this you will shut down your metabolism, stop losing fat and risk losing lots of precious muscle tone.
- Eat small and often spreading your calories between 4 or 5 meals or snacks per day with gaps of about 3 hours between each. Ideally only eat or drink 300 to 400 calories at any one meal or snack!
- Your food plan should be made up of 55% carbohydrates, 25% protein and 20% fats. So check at each meal to make sure that about 55% of the calories are from good carbohydrates like wholegrain breads and cereals, low-fat natural yogurts, vegetables, pulses or whole fruits. Then about 25% of the calories should be from poultry, white fish, eggs, very low-fat cheese or other low-fat proteins and then the other 20% will pretty much take care of itself.
- Drink 1L of water for every 100 lbs you weigh. Never exceed 3L daily no matter what weight you are. Drink your water mostly between meals rather than at meals.
- Build up to 16 miles of cardio (aerobic) exercise per week ideally divided into 4 sessions of 4 miles each. Now here is critical bit – once you have warmed up you must make sure to get and stay breathless – mildly breathless if you are a beginner and medium/heavy breathless if you are an improver! It is the amount of time that you are breathless that counts! Repeat – it is the amount of time that you are breathless that counts! For some people this will mean mixing walking and jogging. If you can talk when you are exercising then you aren’t going to burn much fat.
- The single most important thing to help burn large amounts of fat is a good toning plan done twice weekly where you work on as many different muscle groups of the body as possible. Now I’m talking about real toning with dumbbells (great for home) or resistance machines at the gym! The more toned muscle you have the higher your metabolism and the more fat you burn 24 hours a day! Toning is more important for weight loss than cardio!! Get a good book on dumbbell toning or higher a trainer for an hour to teach you properly. Special note – the older you are the more important toning is – you of all people need to get toning and make sure not to avoid it!
Now, if you are not losing fat and changing your fat spots on this combination of food and exercise then adding more exercise is rarely the answer. I’m sorry to have to say it but you need to go back and look at your food because no matter what you say you cannot be doing it right! More precision with your food is the answer and this does not necessarily mean eating less food! However maybe you are an unconscious eater – where you eat too much food and do not even realise you have eaten it?
The secret to dramatically changing your stomach, thighs, upper arms and to shifting the last 10 lbs is very simple – burn real fat! The reason we cannot shift these areas is because we are not burning fat when we lose weight. This happens in 99 out of 100 cases! These areas are jammed with living fat tissue and all you need to do is burn it to get amazing results and wear that bikini with confidence! Burning real fat is the miracle solution!
As always I hope you get something useful from this article and please share it with others. Someone making one simple change can lead to big improvements. If you have any questions on the above conditions or another condition please email me at email@example.com and I will reply.
David McDonagh (Nutritionist, fitness trainer & creator of System 10 Weight Loss)
My system is about real weight loss done the right way! My plan takes into account all the above reasons and more and makes sure weight loss will work for you. Don’t miss my NEW online plan starting soon where you can lose 10+ lbs in 4 weeks or 20+ Ibs in 8 weeks and get an amazing change in shape because it is real weight loss. Click here for more details on these options. Alternatively arrange a one to one consultation in your nearest clinic by clicking here.
You can find more articles here on health, fitness and weight loss.