Here is a collection of 10 real truths about weight loss. It should help you identify where you have gone wrong before and also provide you with some answers you’ve been looking for and with some topics to explore more for better results.
1. Your metabolism is the master controller of your weight loss – even more than diet or exercise! Metabolism faults (like high blood sugar, constipation, bloating, sluggish liver, hormone imbalances, and sluggish thyroid) will limit or stop your weight loss no matter how much dieting or exercise you do. Addressing your metabolism problems opens the door to way better and way easier weight loss.
2. Too much dieting or too much exercise kills your metabolism and you will not lose weight. Your diet must be balanced with your exercise to keep your metabolism strong. One of the worst things you can do is under-eat!
3. Diet only and you will greatly slow down or stop losing weight after about 3 weeks! Dieting normally results in very strong cravings. Diet only and you will end up with a saggy body!
4. The correct calories to eat to lose weight for the next 6 weeks is your current weight minus 21 and then multiple the answer by 10. Please see examples above in point 3 of the Biggest Motivation Mistakes People Make!
5. Eating small and often is one of the best approaches to weight loss, so divide the calories you are allowed into 4 or 5 meals/snacks daily. Men should never eat more than 500 calories at any one meal/snack and women should never eat more than 400 calories at any one meal/snack.
6. The only way to re-balance a ‘top’ or ‘bottom’ heavy body is fix your metabolism. The only way to shift stubborn fat especially from your stomach, hips and thighs is to fix your metabolism.
7. Exercise is the only way to develop a really strong metabolism. Exercise is the only way to get a good strong healthy heart. The best exercise for weight loss is 4 – 5 cardio workouts per week and 2 – 3 toning sessions per week.
8. You must be breathless when you do your cardio exercise to really lose weight. If you can walk & talk you are not going fast enough for real results. You need to have a medium level of breathlessness for real results.
9. Toning exercise is more important than cardio for weight loss results. To tone properly you should aim fro 15 to 20 reps of an exercise and make sure to be getting the ‘burn’ or muscle ache for the last 5 repetitions of each and every exercise.
10. There is still no magic pill for weight loss despite all the prescription medicines and weight loss supplements you hear about. Most of these are gimmicks with only very limited results (3-4 lbs in total before results STOP!)